Our first annual charity auction series has been a tremendous success. We’ve received a generous outpouring of donations from literary agents, acquisitions editors, award-winning authors, and other top publishing professionals, and most of them have been claimed by equally generous bidders. But we’ve saved some of the best for last, and our final auction round is now live on eBay.
Currently up for bidding are:
- A query letter and 1st 25 pages critique by our own Connor Goldsmith
- 1 hour of entertainment law consultation with attorney and author Alex Tillson
- A full picture book critique by author and SCBWI assistant regional advisor Tim McCanna
- 5 hours of consultation or a full book proposal critique by former Big 5 acquisitions editor Meghan Stevenson
- Traditional and social media planning session with Authors Large & Small Publicity
- 1st 100 pages critique by Jennifer March Soloway of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency
- A full manuscript or book proposal critique by our own Gordon Warnock (with special bonuses)
- And more!
This series of auctions, which we plan on making an annual event, donates 100% of the proceeds to the 501(c)3 non-profit San Francisco Writers Foundation, supporting our local literary community, and a rotating co-beneficiary working on behalf of literacy and/or access to the written arts on a grand scale. This year, we are proud to donate to EveryLibrary, the first and only 501(c)4 social welfare organization in the US dedicated to protecting local libraries nationwide through voter support. In short, if there’s a measure on your local ballot to fund or defund your local library, they provide resources and education to help your community do the right thing.