Hello, 2021! I’m excited to see what publishing adventures await me. January is always a busy month because any business from the close of the previous year is the priority once the vacation fog lifts. I plan to reopen to unsolicited queries on February 1st. Before that day, I’ve tweaked my manuscript wishlist to include a few hopeful requests.
Updated January 2021:
- I’d like to see more non-contemporary romance. Specifically, I’m interested in fresh takes in paranormal romance and urban fantasy romance.
- Bad ass single Dads (thank you, The Mandalorian). Does not have to be part of a romance, but the badassery and “I’ll kill you and your ghost if you hurt my kid” vibe must be strong.
- I will never get bored with enemies-to-lovers or forced proximity romance tropes. Conflict must be high stakes. I want the tension between the couple to be off the charts.
- LGBTQ+ and BIPOC protagonists as lead characters in all my fave genres.
- More space operas, more non-Milky Way planet colonies, more alien species POV in stories. I don’t want medieval Europe in space!
- Protagonists who struggle (and fail) on their way to being the hero (gender neutral as used here).
- Any horror that makes me yell, “Holy sheets!” because I did NOT see the twists coming.
- Give me the Winter Soldier or John Wick-type character on their journey of revenge and redemption. They do bad things to people who’ve hurt them or others.