Tricia Skinner, Agent
Agent Tricia Skinner was raised in Detroit, Michigan. She obtained her undergraduate degree from the nationally acclaimed Journalism Institute for Media Diversity at Wayne State University and earned her graduate degree from Southern Methodist University. Professionally, she began her writing career as a newspaper reporter and wrote for The Detroit News, Investor’s Business Daily, MSN, and The Houston Chronicle.
Tricia has 20 years of experience working with the video game industry in various roles, including public relations, industry relations, and writing/editing. She is also a fantasy author (represented by Fuse co-founder Laurie McLean).
Inclusiveness in genre fiction is dear to Tricia’s heart. She specializes in Adult fiction and very select Young Adult and Middle Grade fiction. On the personal side, Tricia has a Sebastian Stan and Pedro Pascal obsession, and she is definitely Team Vader. Her family includes two Great Danes.
I represent adult fiction and very select young adult and middle grade in these core categories: science fiction, romance, and fantasy. I encourage most subgenres in my listed categories. All manuscripts should be polished and completed before querying me.
Adult: Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror.
YA & MG: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror
Updated January 2021:
- I’d like to see more non-contemporary romance. Specifically, I’m interested in fresh takes in paranormal romance and urban fantasy romance.
- Bad ass single Dads (thank you, The Mandalorian). Does not have to be part of a romance, but the badassery and “I’ll kill you and your ghost if you hurt my kid” vibe must be strong.
- I will never get bored with enemies-to-lovers or forced proximity romance tropes. Conflict must be high stakes. I want the tension between the couple to be off the charts.
- LGBTQ+ and BIPOC protagonists as lead characters in all my fave genres.
- More space operas, more non-Milky Way planet colonies, more alien species POV in stories. I don’t want medieval Europe in space!
- Protagonists who struggle (and fail) on their way to being the hero (gender neutral as used here).
- Any horror that makes me yell, “Holy sheets!” because I did NOT see the twists coming.
- Give me the Winter Soldier or John Wick-type character on their journey of revenge and redemption. They do bad things to people who’ve hurt them or others.
As always, inclusive stories provide an incredible sense of joy. I strongly encourage writers who identify with a marginalized community to query, especially if your story matches my wishlist!
Unfortunately, the volume of queries I get means most writers will not receive personal feedback, but every query that follows my submission guidelines will receive a response. Queries sent to me via email, my personal website, or through any social media platform will be deleted without a response.
Submit a query: http://QueryMe.Online/querytricia
Do Not Send: I don’t represent faith-based/religious manuscripts, short story collections, screenplays, poetry, picture books, chapter books, erotica, novellas, or non-fiction. I won’t consider previously published or self-published books.